Leslie Gamboa, MSW, ASW
Yo hablo español y estoy aquí para servir a las personas de mi comunidad.
It is my goal as a therapist to help bring healing to people that have been through traumatic situations and experiences. I have worked within a variety of settings and with diverse individuals providing me with numerous and valuable understandings of emotional troubles. My career has given me the ability to independently conduct assessments and provide help to clients from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational, and other diversified backgrounds. I utilize community resources and provide psychoeducation and therapy to those in need. Furthermore, my advanced assessment skills allow me to complete a range of client-centered therapies. It is my mission to lead a life filled with integrity, compassion, and empathy toward all the clients I encounter. I am motivated by creating a comfortable place for my clients in my practice
Throughout my studies, I gained valuable skills that I can now put into practice when providing therapy. I provided therapy to children in grades K–12 and adults as a Mental Health Intern at Colton Joint Unified School District. I also have a background and specialization in child welfare and have training in the Community Resiliency Model (CRM). During my practice, I gained invaluable communication skills and broad subject-matter counseling therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, solution-focused brief therapy, play therapy, and crisis intervention. In addition, I am knowledgeable in youth and adult development, including social, behavioral, emotional, and cognitive strategies. Lastly, I am trained in the Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale, which is used to identify safety precautions and crisis intervention needs.
- I am a Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW 110660)
- Bachelor of Social Work- California State University, San Bernardino
- Master’s Degree in Social Work- California State University, San Bernardino
- Case Manager Intern – CJUSD Department of Behavioral & Mental Health
- Mental Health Intern – CJUSD Department of Behavioral & Mental Health
- Social Service Aide – San Bernardino County Children & Family Services
- Master of Social Work Intern – San Bernardino County Children & Family Services
- Social Service Practitioner – San Bernardino County Children & Family Services