Jamie Burnett, MSW, ASW
As an Associate Therapist, I will meet clients where they are and work hard to help clients identify their goals. I strive to be empathetic toward clients' experiences to build a strong therapeutic alliance that creates an atmosphere where clients feel comfortable and safe in sharing their personal stories. Helping clients heal and learn healthy ways to manage life difficulties is very important to me. Maya Angelou said, "We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." I am here to build a collaborative therapeutic experience that helps facilitate change, so clients may grow in a direction they feel comfortable with.
Working with children and adolescents to overcome behavioral, social, and emotional mental health challenges is a passion of mine. Helping parents learn ways to navigate parenthood while strengthening the connection they have with their children is so important in the healthy social, emotional, psychological, and biological growth of their children. I am also dedicated to helping adults and couples find ways to manage the stresses of life, and relationships. My promise to my clients is to always believe in their resiliency, determination, and strengths in learning new ways to reach their therapeutic goals.
I love encouraging all my clients to embrace their strengths and navigate their emotional wellness. I am passionate about gardening! Seeing new growth and the uniqueness of each plant brings me a sense of peace and hope. I love giving plants as gifts! Taking clippings from my garden to create a new potted plant for family and friends is my way of spreading love and happiness.
- I am a Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW 111029)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work- La Sierra University
- Master’s Degree in Social Work- Loma Linda University
- Play therapy certification
- Client-centered and strength-based approach when working with clients.
- Trained in the Community Resiliency Model (CRM), a biological model that helps identify sensations in the body to help with anxiety and other emotional challenges such as anger management
- Associate Therapist, Norina Verduzco-Murphy MSW, LCSW & Associates
- School Social Work Intern at Moreno Valley Leadership Military Academy
- Social Work Intern at Riverside University Health System Behavioral Health Preschool 0-5 Programs