Kristin Sturm, MSW, LCSW
Life has many ups and downs. During those downtimes, I will actively listen without judgment and sit alongside you to help you navigate ways that you can find peace and resolution to the challenges that you are facing. I firmly believe that life is not meant to be done alone. Together we can discover the areas in your life in which you would like to see improvement, as well as determine ways to arrive at the outcome you desire while learning ways to manage life’s stressors. In addition, I can help you to understand the mind-body connection. I have experience working with parents and children. My work has centered on healing the parent-child relationship, providing individual support to children healing from trauma, and offering parenting support and resources. I also have experience working with people who use substances as I have provided support in the outpatient substance use setting working with men, women, and teens, as well as the county jail system providing substance intervention to men and women that are incarcerated.
I am passionate about working with children who have experienced trauma, as well as helping their caregivers navigate and learn how to provide support toward their healing and wholeness. When not working, I enjoy time with family, creating recipes, gardening, hiking, and crafting.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW 93618)
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology- Sonoma State University
- Master's Degree from with a specific focus working with children and families- University of Southern California
- Additional trainings include:
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) certification
Law & Ethics
Telehealth Mental Health Professional
CANS (Child, Adolescent Needs and Strengths) Assessment
Neurodiversity Affirming Play Therapy
Cultural Competency Trainings
CBT – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Motivational Interviewing and Problem Solving therapies.
I am a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
- Licensed Therapist at Norina Verduzco - Murphy MSW, LCSW & Associates
- Child & Family Therapist for Vistability formerly known as Contra Costa ARC providing individual play therapy and early intervention services to youth (0-6) years of age utilizing various modalities such as Behavioral Therapy, Attachment, Trauma, as well as parent-child therapy.
- Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Counselor for Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. providing group therapy utilizing skills in CBT – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to incarcerated males.
- Intern Therapist for Catholic Charities of Solano County providing individual therapy to various age ranges utilizing an various modalities such as CBT, Motivational Interviewing and Problem Solving therapy.
- Intern Therapist for Youth & Family Services of Solano County providing individual and group counseling outpatient therapy to Women, Men and Adolescent populations.