Miranda Mestas Vatterott, MSW, ASW
Location: Los Angeles/Virtual
I believe everyone can use psychotherapy at some point in their life. And if that time for you is now, I’d be honored to hold space for you and witness as you work through your challenges and celebrate your triumphs. I have worked with pregnant women, new families, and couples since 2013 as a birth and postpartum doula, yoga instructor, and mental health provider. I believe it is essential that families receive support during this vulnerable and exciting time. I also work with other adult individuals and couples as they navigate challenges from transition, conflict, depression, anxiety, and grief. While I draw from psychodynamic and attachment theories, I use a narrative lens, allowing clients to tell their stories. I believe you are the expert in your life. You have the answers. You just may need some guidance in accessing them.
I especially enjoy working with women as they navigate transitions around pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period. My self-care includes traveling, reading, and watching soccer.
I look forward to walking with and supporting you.
- I am a Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW 87839)
- B.S in Psychology- Santa Clara University
- Master's Degree in Social Work- University of Southern California
- I am working toward a Ph.D. in Social Work- Our Lady of the Lake University
- Emotional Wellbeing Therapist at Harvest Home
- Associate Clinical Social Worker at Well Baby Center
- MSW Field Instructor for Azusa Pacific University
- Associate Clinical Social Worker at Claris Health
- Client Services Director at Claris Health
- Doula, Childbirth Educator and Yoga Instructor at Luminaria Birth
- Maternal mental health,
- Seeking safety,
- Mental health first aid,
- Postpartum support,
- International Advanced Psychotherapy, s
- Social work field instructor training, and
- Yoga instruction.
- Additional training:
- Birth and postpartum doula,
- childbirth educator,
- and lactation educator.
I am a member of the National Association of Perinatal Social Workers, Postpartum Support International, and the California Society for Clinical Social Work.