Nicole Paredes, MSW, LCSW
Nicole is also a trained Reiki practitioner and has a passion for holistic healing and energy medicine.
The growth period between childhood and adulthood is a remarkable experience full of intersections of discovery, love, and often pain as we embark on a journey of finding our true authentic selves within the constraints of society. As a Licensed Therapist, I believe in reconnecting with the inner child within each of us and providing them with the nurturing they crave to yield deep healing and self-acceptance. We all hold the keys to unlocking inner healing and growth. I hold therapeutic space, provide compassion, and guide my clients through developing self-awareness and personal boundaries. Through my professional development, I have worked with diverse client populations throughout the lifespan of human development, from young children to older adults. Via my experiences, training, and education, I have learned how traumatic experiences, whether acute, chronic, or complex/relational, can leave a wide range of imprints on the individual. The work of Bessel Van Der Kolk's, The Body Keeps the Score gives testament to the intrinsic mind/body connection. To address this phenomenon, I incorporate somatic healing, including the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), grounding, and resourcing techniques to help promote emotional regulation and self-soothing. I am passionate about empowering others to find the tools to generate holistic growth, positive change, and the freedom to allow their beautiful inner light to shine.
"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are." -Carl Jung
As a trauma-informed therapist, I am very passionate about complex relational trauma and attachment-based healing! It is an absolute honor to witness the post-traumatic growth and personal empowerment that my clients discover through their journey in healing. When not in the therapist's chair, I enjoy practicing yoga and meditation, listening to music, and communing with mother nature! I feel the most invigorated and connected with spirit when I am exploring the great outdoors with loved ones.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW 69678).
- I began my educational journey in the field of mental health and healing in High School with an AP course, Introduction to Psychology
- B.A in Psychology- California Polytechnic State University, Pomona
- Master's Degree in Social Work with a specialization in Mental Health and was a recipient of the Mental Health Stipend- California State University, San Bernardino
- Additional training and continuing education units (CEU'S) include:
- Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM) Level 1 Training Certificate: Group Therapy for Commercially Sexually Exploited Children (CSEC) Training Certificate (2010);
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for Eating Disorders;
- EMDR 3 Day Intensive Training: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing; Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS):
- A Revolutionary & Transformative Treatment;
- Field Instructor Certification, California State University San Bernardino School of Social Work;
- Mindfulness & Stress Reduction;
- Heal Your Heart after Grief;
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) Workshop with Collin Ross, MD.
- Clinical Therapist I at San Bernardino County Department of Aging & Adult Services (Older Adult Mental Health)
- Clinical Therapist I at San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health (Homeless Full Service Partnership (FSP) Program)
- Clinician at Victor Community Support Services (Family & School-Based therapeutic services)
- Social Work/MSW Intern at San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health (Mesa Counseling Clinic)
- Social Work/MSW Intern at Family Solutions Collaborative serving the Ontario/Montclair school District
- Behavioral Specialist at TOTAL Programs (Serving children with autism and developmental disabilities in home & school settings).